Odd Mac startup problem

Reaction score
So, i have a MacBook Pro 17" 2.16Ghz version.
Look at the image below to best describe whats happening.

Now, recently I have removed the battery to install a 1GB stick of RAM. that's the last thing I did before I tried turning it on and now it just does this.
So, what could possibly be the problem?

OP
G
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the problem. that light blinks on and off in 1 second intervals over and over.
All it does is this. and the screen stays blank and no matter whats keys I press nothing changes.

Windows-1252BSU1HMDAxNDMuanBn.jpg

(yes my keyboard is off, the bezel snapped and I took it apart but however I have been using it for days and it worked fine until I tried changing the RAM)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Try removing the new RAM and see if that fixes it. If so there's your problem. If not then something else has gone wrong and I would take it to a professional to get fixed, or sell it on ebay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Then it sounds like the logic board may be toast.

OP
G
Reaction score
I got it to work!!
hahahah!
the problem was that when i put the RAM in I barely pushed it in. i didnt push it all the way in >.<

hahaha. Well thansk anyways Mac-Forums. I'm sure someone would have said something soon enough!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.