Help? I don't think so!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Whenever I click help in the finder (command+?) it will begin to load then simply disappear, no "submit error report" dialog appears either. I've tried restarting and turning it off and on to no avail. I haven't done anything to provoke this bizarre error, any clues on how to get it back?

As a side note, I needed to access help to find out where the hash key is on my keyboard. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
have you tried deleting the preferences, thats in this path:mac hd>users>your username>
library>preferences>com.apple.helpviewer.plist(delete this file), com.apple.help.plist(this one too), com.apple.helpui.plist(and this one), empty trash, restart, that should do it, if not, try repairing permissions.

OP
edgefusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Worked perfectly, thanks Macman. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
D

Danster

help me o' wise one

I'v just did what you said and mine still doesn't work :(

what is repair permissions?

help viewer.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
to repair permissions, open disk utility, its in utilities in your applications folder, open it, after it says gathering info, select your drive on the left, click repair permissions around the middle of the disk utility window, let it run, after its done, restart, thats it.

D

Danster

i'v deleted all that stuff u said done repair permissions on my HD and it still doesn't work???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.