Brand New Macbook pro not showing full charge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
Hello all, i have just purchased a macbook pro 15 inch yesterday. I charged it up and then ran the battery out fully. I then let it charge fully while powered off for several hours.
When i went to use my laptop today i turned it on and the battery shows 98% full yet when i put the charger in it has he green light and when i click the battery indicator it shows as charged.

Is this something that i should be worried about?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No. What you're seeing is normal.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
thanks for the reply.
I was talking with one of my friends who had much more experience with mac then me( only had one for about 3 days now) that if you take the charger out of the computer when its above 95 or so percent that it wil not show a full charge once you put the charger back on.

Thats what happened so today when i came home to see if the recharge was good it was happily at 100%!!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4g, 2GB, 200G, 15.4
It may have been that when your light was green, it was calculating and finishing the charge. My girlfriends MB did that a couple of days ago, but once she waits till after it says its fully charged, she unplugs it and its 100%.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.