Problem w/Canon printer - how to uninstall and start over?

Reaction score
Hi

I hope I'm posting in the right sub-forum - I'm new here! :D

I have a MacBook Pro w/Leopard and have installed a Canon Pixma MPR600R 'multi-machine' (printer, scanner, etc) on it. I wanted the printer to function as a network printer and thus chose this option in the very beginning of the setup. I can' get this to work and now - being a Mac Newbie - I can't figure out how to uninstall and start over. I want to try installing it just as a normal, USB-connected printer - and eventually of course - as a network printer.

Any ideas????

Thx, Carina :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
criina,

Go to System Preferences/Print & Fax and you should see your printer listed there on the left side. Right click on it and select "Reset Printing System" and that will remove the printer from your Mac. (I know, I just tried it and had to re-install both of my printers :)

Noel

OP
C
Reaction score
Oops - forgot an important detail!

Hi again - and thx for the quick response!

However - I forgot something very crucial. It does actually work as a printer - no problems there. But scanning? - forget it! It joes ignores the job totally and I am forced to dig out my work PC (urgh!) :Shouting: , start it up, connect, scan and email the file! It's soooo annoying!

I tried what you described and it still doesn't work when it comes to scanning. I then open the MP Navigator and it says "no scanner selected". When I try to do this, it opens a small window called "Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector". In the window it states: "TWAIN Data Source Name" with only one item on the drop-down: Canon MPR600 Network.

Below, a list called "Network Device List", it is empty apart from a column named "MAC address" - no items on the list. Since nothing is to be picked, I can only exit.

Does this make sense to anyone??? :Shouting:

Carina

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
In most cases, scanning is not supported wirelessly on any multi-function brand. that may be your main problem. If your particular machine says it supports wireless scanning, you should call Canon for help. Otherwise, there are uninstallers on Canon's website that will help you completely uninstall and then reinstall what you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
criina,

You can still use the reset function to uninstall it. Then getting the scanner to work on re-installing is another matter :)

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.