networking mac books- quickbooks

Reaction score
My wife and I each have a macbook with quickbooks on it for our business. Is there a why for us to sync our individual quickbooks. Or like virtual PC, for me to access her desktop and applications remotely? I know eventually we will have to get a server we can log into remotely. looking for an alternative in the mean time

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
get apple remote desktop and you will not need a server to log in. it allows complete control of the client computer. you can totally control the other mac and even install software on it from your mac. i cant say enough of how amazing this is.

i have 2 macs running it in my house and i have the admin on my traveling macbook. if you install something like no-ip which the free version is all you need then you can easily log into their site and get the client macs ip address even if it happened to change. i also love that software.

you can then do anything on any of your macs from anywhere.

hope that helps

also check out the apple remote desktop set up video to see an example of some of what it can do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.