iPod Touch Update

Reaction score
I have just updated the software on my ipod touch,

Besides a search function in Address Book and the ability to download apps, What else is new.

There must be more for almost $ 10.00

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
downloading apps is a major part, i think you may be downplaying that point a bit...but idk what else did you want?

Reaction score
I have updated it, besides downloading a ton of apps and the cool calculator and the fact that you can now search for contacts... what else has changed? I was just wondering.

OP
B
Reaction score
I guess I was hoping for something totally unexpected or new, downloading an app and a search function is a bit predictable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Its more than "Just downloading an APP" what do you think this is a Windows update that is installing a Windows Malware protection "App" or something haha????

Umm, to me the availability of thousands of third party app's and counting would be well worth 40 bucks plus, let alone a quarter roll. The biggie with 2.0 is the App Store. So no, not much else has changed.

What do you guys want a hologram projector, teleportation, it to spit out free 20 dollar bills? haha

IMO, 3D fairly Graphic Intensive games linked directly to the Accelerometer, while not recent news to us, is quite unexpected as far as I'm concerned. Who would have thought when the first iPhone launched that you would be playing games like Crash Bandicoot Nitro Cart 3D, Supermonkey Ball, Moto Racer, or anything like that. (How about the soon to come turn by turn directions?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
What about flash or java ?
Wowza...I was hoping for flash and java as well. I think they should have been added in this update. Never the less it is still a Great update. The apps are a great add to these devices.

OP
B
Reaction score
ok guess I must spend some more time at the apps store, flash or java would be nice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
We might see Flash or Java through the App Store (see, the App Store is more important than you thought ;))

Also, the horizontal keyboard has been shrunk by about 30 pixels, which helps a bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
Many lulz ensue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 13" - Mac OS X 10.4.11
Holding down the .com button in Safari also gives more options for website previxes. Not a big deal, but useful to have ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
I noticed in iCal, it finally shows events by colour code and you can select individual events to look at. Maybe the looking at individual events was always there, but having colours is extremely handy as I hold 8 calendars in one, although, the colours aren't directly linked from my iCal to the Touch's iCal, but it still visually separates them out.

Like everyone, flash and Java sil vous plais Apple!!! Anyway, looking at and playing monkey ball, crash bandicoot and other games, erm, wouldn't you say the touch and iPhone are MORE than capable of handling flash? I would think so

Mel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
Ipod touch 2.0 can also do this

In regards to flash video sites, i found this

EdH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd
2.0 allows email to be deleted in bulk as well

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.