Identifying albums in itunes?

Reaction score
hi everyone,

When I used to use Windows, I used Quintessential Media Player. This program had a feature that would scan music files that I added to my library and use gracenote (a cddb) to correct all the errors in the tags.

I know that itunes has this feature, but as far as I know, it only pertains to music that is added to the library via a cd. However, I have a bunch of music that is already on my hdd, but is not in itunes.

My question is, is there a feature in itunes that I'm missing, or is there a separate program that would allow me to Identify albums by scanning my music and matching it up against an online cddb?

Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
One of the cool ones that I use is called "iEatBrainz". Weird name, but it does amazing things with your iTunes library. It will actually scan the entire library and compare the songs' unique musical signatures to an online library called the MusicBrainz database. Then, it will suggest changes to tagging for your songs. It's free, so you have nothing to lose in trying it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.