Noise issue

Reaction score
Used my MB134 for 2 weeks. and the noise drives me nuts.:Angry:

1. Very strange hissing noise when using battery only. disappear if connected to ac.

2. High-pitched whine related to screen brightness on vista. gone if maxim brightness or back to leopard.

Anyone has the same problem? plz let me know how to solve it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Machine is new? Take it back or give Apple tech support a call. The hissing noise when running on battery is a concern. High pitched whine when brightness is turned up is something I also experience when using my 22" Samsung external monitor. I'm not sure what causes it but I suspect it's the monitor backlight - especially at high levels of brightness.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Machine is new? Take it back or give Apple tech support a call. The hissing noise when running on battery is a concern. High pitched whine when brightness is turned up is something I also experience when using my 22" Samsung external monitor. I'm not sure what causes it but I suspect it's the monitor backlight - especially at high levels of brightness.

Regards.

Thanks for the reply.

I thought the LCD whine was related to graphic card driver on Vista since it was quiet on Mac Os. I did some search on google and the only solution is to uninstall graphic card driver and reinstall an old version. Unfortunately it was only for XP users
I am really aware about the "using battery only"noise and will definitely contact Apple store.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry, I missed the part about Vista.... Try lowering the refresh rate from Vista and see what happens. If it's set at 60 Hz, there's not much you can do, but sometimes the driver will elevate the refresh rate to 75 Hz or higher - and that can cause some monitors to give off a high pitched sound. As far as the driver is concerned, have you looked for an updated driver from the maker's web site?

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.