itouch 60gb

Reaction score
any rumors if there might be another itouch released sometimes later this year?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
I have heard some things going around, but these are just hunches that people have. If a new iPod is coming out, I think 60 gigabytes is... well... a little bit of an overkill. (Extreme Understatement). Honestly, that's like, what, 40 hours of video?!? And who knows how much music that can hold. If you can even THINK of over 50 hours, worth of songs, I condone you.

Reaction score
Why would it be overkill? Apple already has larger models of iPods

The iPod Classic comes in 80 and 160gigs flavors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
With apps, music, movies, 64Gb could be filled quite easily.
Maybe some people prefer music with a little more depth, say Apple Lossless. At 400MB per album compared to 50MB, one could see how 64GB could quite easily be filled with music alone.
I converted all of my CDs to Apple Lossless awhile back but was disappointed I could only get 8 hours worth of music on my 8GB iPhone. I didn't like having to spend an hour every day making a new playlist and uploading it so I could listen to something different every day at work.
I don't like choosing convenience over quality and a iPhone/ iTouch with that much memory lets me listen to the quality of music I want with the convenience to updating my playlist monthly.

Reaction score
I have heard some things going around, but these are just hunches that people have. If a new iPod is coming out, I think 60 gigabytes is... well... a little bit of an overkill. (Extreme Understatement). Honestly, that's like, what, 40 hours of video?!? And who knows how much music that can hold. If you can even THINK of over 50 hours, worth of songs, I condone you.

swd7pg.png

55.2 hours and thats not even everything from my old pc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Wow, I stand corrected. By the way, I condone you, IckyThump.;D I guess a 60GB wouldn't be too much of an overkill, now that I really think about it, but just think of the price! It'd probably be somewhere around the $600 mark. As I am only 14, I think that's a little (understatement) expensive for my taste.:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well if you have a large collection of songs and want to have them all at your fingertips on the go so you can play the exact song you want, then the 60 GB+ models aren't so overkill.

But even with my collection (4062 songs, 12 days, 16.23GB) will only need a 30GB. I don't think a 30 GB classic styled one exists anymore. Well in the current generation. So maybe a 5th generation refurbished 30GB one is for you. I have one of those but I got it new and I think it's great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.