MBP Leopard Reinstall - Extremely Dark Screen

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have looked all over the internet, and I have not found a post for this problem.

I just got a new MBP through work, and I dont trust my IT department so I am attempting to reinstall Leopard with a black retail Leopard disk.

It seemed to fail several times booting from the DVD, until I finally realized the screen was just extremely dark. The option to select a language was there, but I could just barely see it.

I literally have to put a desk lamp against the screen to read the text.

Before you ask, the brightness keys do not work, I can not make the screen any brighter.

Has anyone ever experienced this craziness? Thanks!

Sam

OP
S
Reaction score
Update - Install seems to be successful, just rebooting now to finish install.

Still have no idea why the screen was so dark... Full color has returned!!

Reaction score
I realise this is an old post, but the same thing recently happened to me and searching Google came up with this post.

For any other ppl experiencing this problem, i solved it by resetting the PRAM. Do this by press Command+Option+p+r at startup. For me the screen was noticeably brighter immediately, and once the installer started everything was visible.

Cheers,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
this problem was with the inverter sometime a repair can be as simple as turning off but other times you may have to have the inverter or screen changed. you were one of the lucky one that it did not cost to repair this problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.