Tracking data use

Reaction score
Hi,

I live in Australia and we don't get unlimited data plans so i have to keep within 700mb per month or they charge me $0.35 per mb (criminal).

is there a way to automatically log the data usage at each sync so I can keep track of how much I use per month and adjust my behaviour if Im getting close to the limit.

The software "The Missing Sync" says it has this feature but I dont want to pay $60 for the software when I only want to do one thing.

Can anyone help?

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks, but if you look at the bottom I'm the Dave who asked the same question as posted here. I didnt think I'd get a response from that site so decided to post here too.

I know how to find the data usage on the iphone but I want to be able automatically log it on my Imac when I sync instead of manually keeping a record.

Any other ideas?

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
OH. Jeez, sorry, tired :p

I'll keep looking

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't find anything that looks useful, but I also can't find this "The Missing Sync" program. the only thing it comes up with is this. Google just isn't being nice tonight :p

sorry =/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it could be done with AppleScript, someone else would be able to help you, because I do not know anything about it. =/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.