Leopard update issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
Hello,

I finally upgraded my iMac to Leopard. I chose the Erase and Install method and Mac OS extended (journaled). It installed just fine, but when I go to install the 5.3 & 5.4 updates, it gives me the "cannot install OS on this volume." Did I forget to do something? Also I noticed that it won't seem to wake from sleep mode. I hear the HD spinning, but the monitor still remains black.

Can you help me out with either issue?

Thanks in advance!
Gary

EDIT: By the way, I was trying to install the 5.3 UPDATE. I am in the process of downloading the 5.3 COMBO. I'm not sure if that would make any difference.
I found a support document on the Apple website that details my issue (#TS1600). Something about partitioning. If the combo installation doesn't work, then I'll try the partitioning thing.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
OP
gary61071
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rman -
I had downloaded the updates for both 5.3 & 5.4 (not the combo version) ahead of time long before I bought Leopard. I d/l'd it here at work since I don't have the internet at home. But apparently that was the issue. I needed the combo. Learn something new every day.

Does anyone have any fixes for the not waking from sleep mode? I thought maybe the updates would fix it, but apparently not. I did a search on it here, and it listed the problem mostly for macbooks. I've got an iMac.

OP
gary61071
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, Soulwar, I'll give it a shot this weekend. I'll post my results.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.