Leopard problem

Reaction score
Hey, I just got my Mac today and was installing updates and I put in the installation disk and restarted my comp and now it came up with like completely re-installing my OS. =? First it says "Cannot upgrade this version of Mac OS X because a newer version is already installed."
Then I choose my Options
1- Archive & Install
Which also says Preserve users and network settings
2- Erase and install

Right when I turn on my mac earlier it installed updates as well but idk what they were exactly.
I wish there was a way just to cancel out of this but I am not sure where to go. I only have these options i cant like start normally or take out the disk.
PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
you should be able to cancel your new install and to eject the disc restart the mac and hold down the spacebar. or if that doesnt work see this.

to install updates in the future just go to the apple sign in the upper left hand corner and go to "software update".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The disc contains OS X and is in case you ever have a problem and need to wipe the machine and start from scratch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.