burning CD-Rs

M

mr_izz

I just recently went from a PC to a iBook G4.

I am having the most difficult time burning data CDs. It was so easy with the PC. Now everytime i burn a cd it is closes and i can't burn any new files on to it. The PC never did this. It's really rediculous.

Some people on here said to use the disk utility but that is a royal pain and i cannot burn a whole folder full of files, only single files (a huge pain).

Toast software was recommended but why should i have to pay $75 just to burn CDs?

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can not do sessioned CD's in Finder (Burning files and adding files later)

If you want to have a CD remain open you will have to get another burning program(Toast is the best but take a look on www.versiontracker.com)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
dragonburn is useful too. if you use cdrws in the finder, you can burn on a disk multiple times. or firestarter is good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 256MB 1.33 GHz, 60GB hard drive, airport extreme, combo drive. Also own a PM G4. Old Skool
I too am new to burning CDs. But not to Macs. My questions.

If you burn a CD of mp3s onto a CD-R audio disc, will it only play in mp3 compatible players? See I thought my aftermarket deck could play it and it doesn't. This is my first burned CD so it had me thinking.

What format should be used on CD-R audio discs? My guess is the original format that comes with a CD. Or is that more then a CD-R audio disc can handle? Handle MB wise. :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You want to burn the CD in Audio Format...This will uncompress the Mp3 and burn it in the standard Audio format which can be played in all CD players

If you burn it in MP3 CD format you can fit many more songs but it is not playable in most players unless they say MP3 CD compatible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
trpnmonkey41 said:
You want to burn the CD in Audio Format...This will uncompress the Mp3 and burn it in the standard Audio format which can be played in all CD players

If you burn it in MP3 CD format you can fit many more songs but it is not playable in most players unless they say MP3 CD compatible
in burning a cd, use an app like macast mp3 converter or mac3dec to convert mp3s into .aiff files, fewer fit on a cd, and in toast burn it as an audio cd, or in itunes, but they gotta be aiff and theyll play in every cd player that accepts cdr media.

OP
N

newmacuser07

Macman said:
in burning a cd, use an app like macast mp3 converter or mac3dec to convert mp3s into .aiff files, fewer fit on a cd, and in toast burn it as an audio cd, or in itunes, but they gotta be aiff and theyll play in every cd player that accepts cdr media.

you dont want to transfer than to .AIFF, If you conver tthe songs to .WAV you can burn them directly to a cd and it should play in a regular cd player no problem. A program like toast allows you to skip that step so it makes it a lot easier..Or you can just burn the CD in itunes as an audio CD which is the easiest way by far.. heres the steps.

Import the music you want into Itunes
In Itunes' settings make sure that you have Audio CD selected in burning Prefs
Make a playlist of tracks you want to burn
Click burn in the top right hand corner

I Love Itunes...i hate cds..get an ipod seriously

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.