Help Convince A Windows User For Me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
Find reviews about the MBP. Take them to the apple store to see them. Show him how well they hold their value over a PC...craigslist & ebay are good for that. Let him know the huge advantage for never having to use antivirus for a Mac. The anti virus alone is costly every year on a pc not to mention very annoying and can slow things up. Than explain to him that a mac will far out last a pc if maintained properly. Mac are simplified in there process in comparison to a pc and so they run much faster and smoother. You can google some references to that. You can also take him to youtube to view the MBP in action. What more can he ask for than to buy a computer that will run faster, last longer and not be in threat of a virus and bogged down with the virus ware.

And as for your music production Macs rock in all those areas over pc. My MBP will run circles around the top of the line pc anyday.

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Mhz, added superdrive and 320gb HD
If he really needs convincing then just get him to ring a couple of design studios and ask them what machines they use.
Then get him to ring a couple of music recording studios and ask them what machines they use.

Then ask him what he thinks you should buy!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD Dual 1.25 ghz 1g Ram 120g HD 21"Apple Studio Display
How durable are they depends on how well you take care of it, nothing lasts forever. To put it into perspective however the Mac I'm using was released in 03 and it runs like new to this day. I bought it used after i've gone through 4 different windows PCs from desktop to laptops, from windows 98 to the latest one running windows vista. I doubt you could take a windows PC with 5 year old hardware and get the same amount of money as you would with a mac.

Reaction score
BOTTOM LINE:

Macs are for proffesionals.
Macs are business computers, their made to do what they need with power.
Unlike a computer which is made for 10-60yr old everday people.
Everyone I know that has a mac is either in the music,film,design,graphics business. They NEVER buy a mac just to use like a normal computer.

and show your dad all these forum posts.

Tao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook Black 4GB RAM Mid 2008
Yucks, Compaq. I was also a Compaq user before I switch. Lets just say. One day, Compaq was really naughty and it just happen to fly out of the 12th floor window. Right after. I dropped by the Apple store, got my self a macbook.

I carry my macbook with me EVERYDAY. Everywhere I go, its with me. Its been 6 Months now. I'd say that my macbook is still in perfect condition. Best part of all. I dont have that " you will lose all your stuffs if you dont back up soon " anymore.

Cheers.

Yeah I paid a £1000 (going on $2000) for my Compaq laptop for going to Uni, it was powerful and decent for around a year until

1 the screen started turning green
2 the computer heated up
3 the connection to the adapter broke and the charger wouldn't even stay in the hole.

So in just, I had to put up with that laptop for another 2 years whilst I finished a COMPUTER SCIENCE degree, it couldn't have made a decision any worse on which laptop to purchase.

After Uni I started looking into Macs, a year later and I spent the same amount on a MacBook but its much much better in my opinion and I reckon i'll get at least 3 years out of it and if I don't theres always apple care.

Reaction score
I am not into music, graphics, etc. I am using my Mac just like a "normal computer" and loving it!!! Just tired of all the Microsoft BS :)

BOTTOM LINE:

They NEVER buy a mac just to use like a normal computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Core 2 Duo MacBook (home); Core Solo mini (work)
If he starts waffling again, or needs further convincing, you might also contact the computing support group for the college you want to attend and ask about support for Macs. Most schools have hardware recommendations and OS support criteria; if you're having trouble persuading your dad, your school's computing support team might be more convincing!

Reaction score
I also work with sound design and mac is the a way to go. All the computers in film school were macs and nearly all the production offices on the film studio where I work use mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.
BOTTOM LINE:

Macs are business computers, their made to do what they need with power.
Unlike a computer which is made for 10-60yr old everday people.
Everyone I know that has a mac is either in the music,film,design,graphics business. They NEVER buy a mac just to use like a normal computer.

and show your dad all these forum posts.

I totally disagree.

I do not disagree that those are some of the different professions that use the MacBook, but are not the only ones.

How could, the MacBook for example, be so popular among students if it is only to be used by a slim number students in a limited number of subjects?

I am an English/Education student (with a MacBook), and would consider myself an 'everyday' type of person.

Reaction score
I totally disagree.

I do not disagree that those are some of the different professions that use the MacBook, but are not the only ones.

How could, the MacBook for example, be so popular among students if it is only to be used by a slim number students in a limited number of subjects?

I am an English/Education student (with a MacBook), and would consider myself an 'everyday' type of person.

exactly, your in college so you bought a mac. Your not a regular person your college goer. You need to take notes and such. Now a Windows laptop could do that too but it's more pro when you have a mac.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2.33GHz
MBP is very durable

I've had my MBP for over a year and a half and take it everywhere. It's very durable. It now has one small dent in the front and one of the little latches got stuck, but I was able to fix that myself easily. Other than that, it still looks like new.

Reaction score
If you get a Mac you are getting a Windows machine. It'll run both, in most cases better than a made-for-Windows laptop will.

The build quality is superior to any laptop I have seen. Moreover, aesthetically they are also second to none. That really doesn't matter as far as work goes, but it doesn't hurt!

Macbooks are popular because they look cool and work seamlessly with iPods. The kids got the gadget first, and now they want the computer that looks as cool as and works as well as their gadget. Genius marketing.

Apple also gives HUGE breaks for students on price, as well as free iPods and printers. I am not aware of a PC company doing that.

Macbooks are also very light for as fast as they are, and are a great deal more flexible, and are still capable years down the road. So for a student with a limited budget, they are a good choice.

As far as basic computing, anything will work. You could get a five year-old laptop and take notes on it, surf the web, and read your email. But who only uses their computer for that? You want to sync your iPod, watch and edit movies and photos, etc. And a Mac does that better than any PC does, hands down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac, MacBook
This is my first post but I really felt compelled to respond to the person who said 'regular people don't use macs'. I'm a mom and a piano teacher and we've always had Macs in our family.... except for when my son bought a Dell 6 years ago when he started high school. That was a nightmare and when he graduated from high school we got him a macbook. We bought a new IMac 8 months ago and love it; my son will be upgrading his macbook next month, and we just ordered my high-school-aged daughter a macbook as a surprise.

I also convinced a friend to get an IMac after years of listening to her HP problems. So you see, there are plenty of regular people out there who love Macs.

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
Ask a 2.4Ghz Intel Dual Core Windows Laptop, the ones I have seen are more expensive as a mac
So that should convince him with Apple you actually get what you pay for
Of course you pay for the design, but its totally worth it

Also Windows is pain and stress and does how Microsoft wants it(Used windows for years)
Mac does what you want, this gives me a good feeling and no stress or pain makes me work much better
And my first mac, my macbook is not even one month old and I already love it I never want Windows again

OP
P
Reaction score
So I finally convinced my parents to get me the 15-inch Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz. I was wondering if the 4GB RAM and a faster HDD was necessary/useful for music and video editing. I was going to order it with out them but buy them later for a bit cheaper if I need them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Its all the same. Macs are used for everyday purposes. It works as well for a person who does creative stuffs, works as well for a person who owns a business , and also works for all the any other kind of person! I gotta say, this is a fun topic =p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.