Holy..So LOST

Reaction score
Hey Everyone... I just recieved an old g3 ibook for free and I basically want to dump my ipod on to the HD. I have tried ipod copy (its free and Im cheap) and it wouldnt open. Is there a better free software that works? or sometihng thats relatively cheap ( under$30). I have no idea of OS system or whats on the computer ( have never used a mac b4).

I also want to be able to back up my dvd collection. I have already figured out that it only has a cd player ( no Super drive I think its called), but can I add an external burner and what software will I need to accomplish this? On a previous PC I used dvd shrink and nero to backup ( it crashed and we'll Im cheap)

Thanks for any help in advace. Again I am computer retarded, so please use small words ;D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Click on the Apple in the top left corner and on About This Mac. What version of OSX does it say?

Senuti is the best application I have used for what you want to do and it's free.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks ya'll I am at work, so I will check when I get home and repost later. I'll try both of those and see what I get. I have had the same music and pics on the ipod for 2 years and its really outdated so I hope this works.

Reaction score
Definitely go with Senuti - if you have 10.3 scroll down the page to d/l the appropriate OS version.

OP
M
Reaction score
New Problem!!

Hey That worked... kind of. Now I have a different problem, I have no more drive space. I installed a 256mb RAM and its not recognizing it. I'll figure that one out later but can I swap hard drives and not lose my data? I have seen 120 or a 160 GB HD for pretty cheap. Would it just be better to get something external and dump the whole computer onto that? Any Brand Recommendations?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.