linksys quit on me, what happened?

C

code777

something weird happened tonight, as i was online on my iBook i get the ol "Safari can't find network" notice, usually i just refresh safari and it works but this time nothing worked. i couldn't get online yet airport was connected to my router. so i get on my PeeCee and sure enough my desktop couldn't get online either. i unplugged the cable from the router and put it directly into my desktop and it worked. set up the router and it doesn't work... finally i just unplug the linksys and plug it back in, everything is back to normal,

what gives?? has this happened to anyone else? i've never had to shut off my router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Thats weird...Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago! Quite honestly, when I get around to upgrading all of my networking equipment, I WILL NOT be getting another linksys...They outright told me on the phone(when I was calling to ask a question about wep)Do you have a PC? Because we don't really support Macintosh...(Although I lied to her and said I was using the pc and I was on the Mac, because I KNEW it was alll the same)

A company like NetGear makes this issue very clear....

http://kbserver.netgear.com/inquira...iles/n101148.asp&answer_id=896191#__highlight

They will be my choice in networking from now on!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.