É What theÉÉ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
I just got my new ibook today. I ordered it Monday so it hadnt even taken 3 days. My question is now is that when I am typing and try hitting the question mark button, or the quatation button I see this ÈÉ.. I dont know if you can see this or not but they are Es with accents over top of them how do I fix this so I can actually see my question mark É

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You have the wrong Language enabled most likely

Go to system preferences and then internation

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay I hit international what to do I. It just shows a list of languages and I cant click them it says to drag them into the order I want well English was already at the top. When I hit edit all the Languages are selected, do I deselect all of them except English.

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I cant even put a slash for urls with out getting a é, does anyone know how to fix thisÉÉ and thats the question mark É

G

Gamer

oldnews said:
I cant even put a slash for urls with out getting a é, does anyone know how to fix thisÉÉ and thats the question mark É
Ya I think I do, you have to the language to U.S. English you must have it set to French Canadian it does that to me sometimes

Ley us now how you make out

H

HuMpS 97 DoHc

yeah make sure its set to us. the canadian one gives you all the french stuff

M

McGuillicuddy

You suck. It's been over 10 days since I ordered mine, and it's been in shipment since last Friday! Boo!

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
McGuillicuddy said:
You suck. It's been over 10 days since I ordered mine, and it's been in shipment since last Friday! Boo!

I was told it was going to take 8-12 days and that it should arrive on the 13th. The funny thing was that they said I could pay an additional 25$ and get the Fast Shipping where it only takes two days. Good thing I didn't do that since I got it in 2.5 days.

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah you were right, when I had my language on Canadian it assumed it mean't french. So I changed it to American and it works now. ???!!"" Thanks.

H

HuMpS 97 DoHc

oldnews said:
Yeah you were right, when I had my language on Canadian it assumed it mean't french. So I changed it to American and it works now. ???!!"" Thanks.

yeah only thing that sucks is I have to look at the american flag in the top right hand corner of my screen all the time :( haha

B

Badger

Go back to the International panel. You can disable the item to display the language. The flag will disappear.

N

newmacuser07

ugh i ordred mine last saturday and its been a full 7 days for mine and im still without my ibook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.