no multimedia messaging on iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro -- 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo / 2 GB Ram / 320GB HD -- iPhone 3G Black 16GB
I received a text messaging with a link and a password to access a picture sent from my friend. It took me to att's website. from there i can view the pic. Is this normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Yes. There's currently no MMS. If you want picture messaging, send e-mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
So you can receive MMS messages by going to the message's website?

Reaction score
So you can receive MMS messages by going to the message's website?

Yes, you have to go to the viewmymessage.com website..... on your computer. Try and access that site on your phone and you can't.

Reaction score
With all the text messaging services available on the web I'd be surprised if someone hadn't figured out a solution to the problem. I'll bet someone is developing an App for it as we speak.

OP
birdhouse360360
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro -- 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo / 2 GB Ram / 320GB HD -- iPhone 3G Black 16GB
Yes, you have to go to the viewmymessage.com website..... on your computer. Try and access that site on your phone and you can't.

I can access it on my iphone. I've seen the pic she sent and everything. Just a pain in the butt.

Reaction score
wait wait I didn't know you could do this? So if someone sends me a MMS what are the steps to view it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
wait wait I didn't know you could do this? So if someone sends me a MMS what are the steps to view it?

It will be explained in the text message that is sent.

Basically go to the website said and enter the code that is in the txt message. There's your picture.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
When I set up my contract they were very clear on this matter.

I don't think the iphone is going to match it's hype in Japan because of these problems. E-mail is standard for all phones for the last 3 years at least (that is how long I have been here). Internet (full access) has been here for a little bit less than that. MMS doesn't matter to me as everyone sends Media via e-mail anyway but I can only receive SMS from people on the same network so the I rarely use SMS (maybe 25% of the time).

I have to say that I love the iphone and the potential that the mini OSX has. I also love having my calendar touch screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.