Airport Extreme Firmware update just bricked my base station ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I'm in the process of deleting the Airport Extreme Utility because I don't know what else to do besides reinstalling the software which came with the Airport Extreme Base Station. I got a pop up telling me that there was an firmware update available for it, so after pondering whether or not I should do it (because it was said that an update might render wireless backup support useless) I did, and upon completion, it looked as if I was going through the new network registration process again, and thinking this was normal, went ahead and completed it, saying that I already had a network and that the base station should just join the current one etc..

But when I was finished, all I got was a pulsing amber light, and haven't been able to get it green ever since. I went through the settings several times, and did a diagnostic and nothing worked. Of course Airport is on, as I'm now leeching my neighbor's connection, so why won't it pick up the Base station ?

Anyway, after OS X is finished deleting the next 2000 files (my god why is OS X so SLOW at deleting files ! ?) I'm going to try and install again. I hope it works, because I've been pretty frustrated with OS X in the past couple of days, with different issues, which my long time Mac using friend tells me is ridiculous, but I beg to differ. But that's for another thread, entitled, "Why does iTunes stink so much ?" ;)

Doug

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Reinstall and update of Airport Utilities did absolutely nothing. It's stuck @ scanning for Apple wireless devices, and doesn't see jack squat. This is disturbing. Is there anyway to roll back the firmware on it ?

doug

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, Ne'r mind. Did a hard reset, and had to start from scratch. Apparently, the instructions for the firmware update made me knock the router offline. T'was scared and confused. All is good now.

Doug

Jok

Reaction score
Airport Update!

Updated my Airport Firmware to 7.3.2!

Took me 4 hours to get it configure properly!!!

Had to totally reconfigure my router/extreme!

At the moment, I hate Apple, but that will fade, as I've Jailbroken my iPod Touch!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac, Retina 5K, 3.6 GHz, 64 GB Memory, 2 TB storage
Yes, I also had problems with base station and the firmware update. Pain in the *** but I got it to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.