Best way to kill or stop ipod playing song on iphone

Reaction score
I know I can pause a song, but I want to STOP it and kill the ipod feature in iphone when done listening to music. Here's the underlying issue. I paused a song and put the phone down on my desk and at some point I must have accidentally hit the mic button on the headset and the music started playing again without my knowledge...my battery got severly low by the end of the workday and I hadn't known it was playing the whole time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I know I can pause a song, but I want to STOP it and kill the ipod feature in iphone when done listening to music. Here's the underlying issue. I paused a song and put the phone down on my desk and at some point I must have accidentally hit the mic button on the headset and the music started playing again without my knowledge...my battery got severly low by the end of the workday and I hadn't known it was playing the whole time.

Currently the only way to eliminate the risk of these kinds of accidents is to use headphones that don't have the mic/clicker. If you're leaving it on all day and not attending it, it sounds like you don't need the mic/clicker feature anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.