Is mobileme a shambles

AJB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8 24"/ 13" macbook pro / G4 tower & cinema scrren / 12" powerbook / classic curvy G3 laptop!
My computer (new and running latest Leopard) automatically switched from .Mac to me.com today. I am deeply UNIMPRESSED.

Numerous silly glitches:

Mail
1 headers don't line up
2 No bold or colour differentiation between read and unread messages
3 Safari bookmark for .Mac not automatically reassigned to .Me (so new log in page has to be set up manually - not a big deal but annoying)
4 Slow to load / switch between icons
5 Still no proper differentiation between US and UK spell check

Contacts / Address Book

1 about 200 contacts with no address have suddenly appeared at the top of the page, although clearly the contact does have an address
2 many named contacts illegible because the text is overwritten
3 VERY slow to load

Calendar

1 Only the month view is properly legible
2 VERY slow to load
3 Has not addressed many of the functionality issues (Outlook and Entourage calendars still have better and easier functionality)

Push down

1 SLOW.
2 There also appear to be compatibility issues between Mac's running Leopard and laptop running Tiger 4.11

That is all I have tried so far. At the moment functionality is so poor that I shall not use it until Apple have got there act together for those of us who do not have the time or inclination to spend ages sorting out the software.

A very unimpressive beginning.

OP
A

AJB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8 24"/ 13" macbook pro / G4 tower & cinema scrren / 12" powerbook / classic curvy G3 laptop!
Additional faults:

All .Mac aliases have vanished
Folders expand automatically when Me.com is opened (which I don't want as I don't wish thw contents to appear on screen and there seems to be no way of turning this silly feature off).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2 Ghz/ 2GB RAM / 120 GB HDD
It appears that Mobileme is a novelty as best. The service has never worked inconsistently for me, and for several hundred other users. The 'latest' set of problems I am facing include a message that keeps popping up telling me that my Mobileme password has changed and that I need to re-login to my account.

To add to that my iCal calendars are not syncing my with calendars on Mobileme.

yes, it does appear to be in a state of shambles.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.