Firefox 3 - EXTREMELY SLOW

Reaction score
I've heard other people have got their firefox to act extremly slow. i've disabled extentions and add ons. no use.

what do i do?

Reaction score
As a long term Firefox user, I ditched it after giving Safari a go again at the beginning of the year. After realizing just how laggy Firefox really is on a Mac, I sacrificed the features for speed.

I can't stand a slow laggy anything on a modern day computer. Maybe someone else knows something I don't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
FF 3 perfectly fast for me. How do you define slow ? I also personally hate a slow browser, which is why I ditched Safari. Go figure.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
FF 3 perfectly fast for me. How do you define slow ? I also personally hate a slow browser, which is why I ditched Safari. Go figure.

I guess speed is in the eye of the beholder. Firefox to me is slow both on a Mac and PC. Safari on a Mac and IE on a PC are in my opinion much faster.

The only time I ever use Firefox is when I run Ubuntu - then it seems OK.

Regards.

OP
U
Reaction score
as in all of a sudden it takes roughly 1.5 minutes on 8MB/sec internet to load a web page...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
as in all of a sudden it takes roughly 1.5 minutes on 8MB/sec internet to load a web page...

That is not Firefox you are having problem with. Do you ever do any maintenance on your machine using Onyx, Main Menu, MacJanitor or Macaroni?

OP
U
Reaction score
Don't know what they are?

Safari is flying fast at the moment, i dont like using it though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
okay. when i got my mac a year or 2 ago, i was just a pure firefox user. i slowly faded over to safari. after firefox 3 came out, i figured i might as well give it a shot, and i noticed it was VERY slow so i just left it in my apps folder and stuck with safari, about a week later, i decided to give it another shot and it now runs fast and great. i have no idea why.
so i put safari and firefox both in my dock, to see which one i would use more. sad to say, safari is no longer in my dock, and i'm typing this in firefox.
my only suggestion would be that you could clear your caches and so some system maintenance (with onyx, previously suggested here). i do them about once a week at least, so that may have been it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.