iPhone bugs/problems

Reaction score
Personally I have noticed that:

-Occasionally it does not give an audible alert when a text is received, even when the sound is on.
-Occasionally it does not alert of a received text at all.

Post your experiences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
-freezes up on me
-Sometimes Push email doesn't work
-Apps crash
-laggy respond time

OP
X
Reaction score
Not all the contacts from address book transfer over..for some reason..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
I have noticed that sometimes when pushing the home screen button to exit an application nothing happenes.

I also had no 'lock' sound play when unlocking the phone, I had to turn it off and on again.

And when I recently synced my iPhone it sent a load of diagnostic information to Apple so it must have crashed a fair few times!

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro -- 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo / 2 GB Ram / 320GB HD -- iPhone 3G Black 16GB
Personally I have noticed that:

-Occasionally it does not give an audible alert when a text is received, even when the sound is on.
-Occasionally it does not alert of a received text at all.

Post your experiences.

-freezes up on me
-Sometimes Push email doesn't work
-Apps crash
-laggy respond time

I'm experiencing all of those

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I have had two crashes, a few contacts weren't copied over and I took a screen dump and I still don't know how.

Reaction score
I have the same issue with the text messages. It will work for like the first 10 messages, then after that the audio just goes away. If you restart the phone the text message sound comes back, but then goes away again after awhile.

I noticed too that when you UNLOCK the phone the little click sound it makes after you slide the bar over....stopped. NO clue as to why. Restarting the phone doesnt get it back either.

Those are the only issues I have as of right now. I hope this is fixed ASAP! I would like to know when i have a text message rather then having to check my phone...I WANT IT TO ALERT ME!!! =o)

Reaction score
Patience all. As with any new electronic device there are issues when they first come out. There will be a software update for all of these things soon enough.

When the first iPhone came out there was a software update within a week that fixed a lot of issues.

Just be patient.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
I don't remember it coming out within a week, but by the end of the first month anyway. This isn't a device problem, but a software problem as all of us with the 1st Generation iPhones who updated to 2.0 are having those exact same issues and they weren't there before the update. Yes they will fix them, and sadly once they fix those they will introduce new bugs. Every release I have gotten for the past year was fix one break two. Apple has become centered too much on fast money and hype and much MUCH less on quality since they got into this turning out a new replacement gizmo every few weeks.

OP
X
Reaction score
so I just downloaded the latest firmware and the problems I mentioned in my OP persist...what a shame

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.