1 million iphones in 3 days. Apple can't keep up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I am curious to hear from everyone their current 3g iphone status in their state/country.

Here In colorado there are 5 apple stores and as of today none of them had any iphones. On saturday and sunday they were only getting 40 or so phones to sell and selling out within the first two hours. The at@t stores sell out within minutes when and if they get any.

What is it like in your state/country? Do the apple stores and at&t stores have iphones for sale? Are there lines? How long must one wait to get an iphone?

On ebay people are getting $800-$1500 for the 16gb 3g iphone. I would assume this is because no one has one to buy in a retail store for the normal price.

How long do you think it will be before apple stores and at&t stores can keep these things on their shelf? a week? a month?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I went to my ATT store at 5pm Friday and they were out. They only had 40.

I ordered mine with direct fulfillment. It's still on backorder.

:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Here in Jersey we have about a dozen Apple Stores and during the weekend only three had any in stock. For fun, I went to the 5th Ave store around 1AM on opening night, and while they had plenty in stock, the activation servers were down so they couldn't sell any, which sucked because the line was really short and we could have gotten a couple of phones pretty quickly. At the Apple Store at my local mall, the lines on Saturday and Sunday were somewhere in the vicinity of several hours long.

My cousin stood in line on opening night for about five hours, bought a white 16GB iPhone and sold it on eBay....for over $2,000. I'd say it was worth the wait ;D

If I had to guess, I'd say the excitement is going to die down in about a week or two, and supply should then be able to keep up with steady demand, much like how things were during last year's launch. Which is why I'm going to wait till next week before I try and buy one.

Reaction score
In Illinois I went to the AT&T store and they said you have to order one, gave me a time frame of 11 days. The nearest Apple Store is 2 hours, and their web status shows none available for the next day (always).

I am in nu hurry though since 3G won't be here until I retire :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
in the netherlands, were not able to get any... they were introduced on friday and sold out immidiately.. ihave no idea when we could get one over here.. :S:S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I drove by the Michigan Ave store Monday AM and there was a line around the building. I went by the ATT store down the block Sunday and they were out. I don't know about the ATT store closer to the Apple store though. I would assume they're out as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
They are selling like crazy on ebay...My 8Gb is at $790.00 still have 2 hours left.... I have seen them go for over $2000.00

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Wow... some people are rich and/or desperate... I haven't really been into an Apple store to find out, and since the price in Australia is ridiculous I don't think I will for quite a while...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
And after a quick look the average going rate on ebay Australia is $1500. Eeeek. That's just gone from bad to worse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Estimated price over here in Malaysia is 840USD for the 16GB unlocked model. Typical Malaysians. They'll do anything to get money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (17" Unibody, 2.93GHz, 8GB DRR3, 320GB 7200, Anti-Glare Screen)
I live in the Bay Area, which is a pretty good place to get phones. I'm pretty sure the Apple store at Vally Fair is sold out (and even if it wasn't, Woz would probably just cut in front of me).

There's a store in Cupertino on the Apple Infinite Loop campus that's open to the public, but not very well known. I'm assuming that they'll keep a relatively large number of phones on hand because they are a corporate store, but I haven't checked yet.

All the AT&T stores nearby are sold out at the moment.

Reaction score
Only 2 apple stores (next to each other hahah) and 2 at&t stores in my area (45 mile radius) and all are sold out and have been since the first day and constantly sell out the day they get a shipment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
14th St store in Manhattan finally sold out today. Lines are still insane at the 5th Ave store. Local stores have been sold out for days. :(

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.