iphone 2.0 HTML Email

Reaction score
I have the old iPhone, but upgraded to 2.0. I am taking advantage of Activesync and Exchange with my work email. For some reason, every email I get in that inbox, will not show up in html. I get all the HTML Code, all the links, all the links show up blue for you to click on, but its not formatted. I have several other accounts on the phone, including gmail and those do now, and have always, shown up formatted properly.

I went to the Apple Store Genius Bar, and nothing. 3 "geniuses" looked at at and all said they had no idea. Has anyone else seen this problem? Is it possible that it may be an exchange issue at work? I dont see how considering the html code is in the phone, it just wont show up.

The only other factor to inform about is that I did update on Thursday from the download link on Macrumors so is it possible that was a different build than was distributed through iTunes on Friday?

Thanks.

Reaction score
I have the old iPhone, but upgraded to 2.0. I am taking advantage of Activesync and Exchange with my work email. For some reason, every email I get in that inbox, will not show up in html. I get all the HTML Code, all the links, all the links show up blue for you to click on, but its not formatted. I have several other accounts on the phone, including gmail and those do now, and have always, shown up formatted properly.

I went to the Apple Store Genius Bar, and nothing. 3 "geniuses" looked at at and all said they had no idea. Has anyone else seen this problem? Is it possible that it may be an exchange issue at work? I dont see how considering the html code is in the phone, it just wont show up.

The only other factor to inform about is that I did update on Thursday from the download link on Macrumors so is it possible that was a different build than was distributed through iTunes on Friday?

Thanks.
You are not alone with this problem, I have the exact same issue. GMail emails are HTML formatted but all Exchange emails are text formatted and not HTML :Grimmace:

OP
B
Reaction score
I have recently learned it is very likely a service pack issue on exchange server. Apparently service pack 1 is required to support HTML email. In my exchange server, SP1 is not installed. That may not be my only problem, but until IT does that, I am waiting to see if that fixes it. Would you check your exchange server and see if SP1 is installed? If it is, there may be more issues. Thanks.

Reaction score
I have recently learned it is very likely a service pack issue on exchange server. Apparently service pack 1 is required to support HTML email. In my exchange server, SP1 is not installed. That may not be my only problem, but until IT does that, I am waiting to see if that fixes it. Would you check your exchange server and see if SP1 is installed? If it is, there may be more issues. Thanks.

Thanks, I know SP1 isn't installed but it scheduled to be installed soon.
I will let you know if this fixes the issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.