itunes audio quality problem

Reaction score
so lately playing music through itunes has been less than stellar, i thought i had blown my speakers that where plugged in, sound was bad, "S" sounds especially, i switched to head phones and the same thing happenes, this does not happen when watching a movie with headphones, so i am assuming it is an itunes issue, does anyone have any advice or input on this situation, i love my music and hate for it to be tainted like this ha ha, thanks

Reaction score
i tunes audio quality

i agree, i am searching for a different audio converter. The wav or aiff files i have been converting to mp3 using the Itunes converter sound horrible even at the maximum quality setting. I have had better results converting AAC at 256/VBR but it is still less than stellar. Anyone have any ideas on a quality audio converter that will go from wav and aiff to mp3 or aac and sound really good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
jimdetroit,

Seems I read that FLAC is lossless and will give you a good MP3 sound. I haven't used it but have a friend that swears by it.

Also, you could try Audacity. Select the bit rate and depth you want - except that's fixed for CDs... but great for LPs and tapes.

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
have you checked to see if your Equalizer is turned on and the settings are all weird? sometimes i forget that it's on and that I have the Preamp turned up. that would cause the treble range to distort. just a thought.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.