D-link Dir 655 and OS 10.5

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the D-link Dir 655 is compatible with the new OS 10.5 operating system? I cannot get my cd to auto run and download the software to configure for wireless operations. Is there a new driver required..I am a new IMAC user that just switched from a windows PC so I'm not as well read on the Mac...Thank you

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new too.
I bought a Dir-655 to run a windows lap top.
I had to open the cd in finder and then open the folder for mac.
It should have a quick start guide in the box to guide you.
Mine works really well. I have had no problems at all.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have a DIR-655 and it works fine, although I didn't ever bother with the CD. Instead I did manual configuration from the web interface.

OP
R
Reaction score
CWA107..I tried to fond the Mac folder with the setup for mac folder and could not find it. How do you do the manual config via the web interface?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
CWA107..I tried to fond the Mac folder with the setup for mac folder and could not find it. How do you do the manual config via the web interface?

Start with all devices powered OFF. This includes your cable/DSL modem and computer.

1. Run an ethernet cable from your Cable/DSL modem to the Internet (gray port) at the rear of the DIR-655.

2. Run another ethernet cable between the ethernet port on your Mac and one of the four ports on the bank of ports at the rear of the router.

3. Connect the power to your cable/DSL modem. Wait 30 seconds.

4. Connect the power to the DIR-655. Wait 30 seconds.

5. Boot your Mac.

6. Open Safari on the Mac, you might get an error message that the page can not be displayed. That's OK for now.

7. In the address bar, type:

8. You'll be prompted for a username/password. Enter admin for the username, leave the password field blank.

9. Now you should be able to configure your router. Follow the instructions in your manual.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.