Leaving my iPod plugged in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Just a quick question:

Is it ok to leave my iPod plugged into my iMac via firewire even when it's fully charged? It won't keep trying to charge it and bust the battery? May be a stupid question but I want to be safe rather than sorry.

Thanks!

Z

zeppster

Nope, there is no problem with that. Once it is done it will stop charging, but once the battery reaches 95% it will automaticly start charging itself. So you will always have between 95-100% battery life.

OP
edgefusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Thanks for the swift reply.

I love this place. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I leave my ipod docked almost anytime Im home to ensure I always have a full charge, its no problem, one thing I recently found out on apples site, when your mac goes to sleep, the ipod stops charging if its connected.

C

code777

i was wondering the same thing as I either have my pod docked or docked in my car with the Alpine interface unit. My pod is always charged up and i was worrying that it might damage the batt being plugged in all the time. coo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
leaving it plugged in all the time wont damage the battery.

B

Badger

At least one iPod site comments that the iPod uses a small amount of power even when turned off. If it is left unconnected for an extended period the battery will discharge completely, causing charging problems later. Leaving it connected is not not harmful and may prevent a problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.