• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Forum SKin/theme`

H

hustla

is there a diff skin cause this one hurts my eyes sometimes i dunno anybody else have this problem

OP
D

Desolate One

Shape Shifter is a good app. Let's you download and apply new themes. Free trial for 15 days, $20 to buy after the trial is up. Well worth it though.

OP
H

hustla

Desolate One said:
Shape Shifter is a good app. Let's you download and apply new themes. Free trial for 15 days, $20 to buy after the trial is up. Well worth it though.

lol i mean for this forum... the colors hurts my eyes it might be my monitor i dunno

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
when I was on another forum, we used invision powerboard software, not vbulletin, we had several custom and preset skins, a user could pick which theyd like, and switch it whenever, I love invisionpowerboard, though Im unsure if vbulletin allows custom or non default skins, this must be a default skin, it hurts my eyes a little too.

OP
S

sivp

Macman said:
when I was on another forum, we used invision powerboard software, not vbulletin, we had several custom and preset skins, a user could pick which theyd like, and switch it whenever, I love invisionpowerboard, though Im unsure if vbulletin allows custom or non default skins, this must be a default skin, it hurts my eyes a little too.

The themes have to be installed and the admin must set:

override user themes : NO

BTW, what do you think of this skin:

http://www.sweetimpressionsvp.com/forum/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
vB is very versatile, there are millions of themes, it's wether or not the admin's has installed any.

most are too busy with their macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that skin is ok, I like the skins at my old forum, I and the other admins at the time installed it. here: http://macusersforum.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
hipodflash500375.jpg

this is kinda skinned

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yes vBulletin can have multiple themes just like Invision and the others, but none have been installed. iNET had this theme designed for the board so it would have a consistent look and would match the layout of their other sites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
i kinda wish it was a little more "mac" like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Interesting. This theme never bothers me, but then none do... :alien:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacAddikt said:
i kinda wish it was a little more "mac" like.
I suggest looking at the link I posted for the real mac look and functionality!
dont click that link hypeit posteed, I did, it said something about hotlinking and bandwidth theft and it logged my ip.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
did you check out my old forum? I wouldnt mind helping install a new skin here, but im not a mod or admin and am not very experienced with vbulletin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Not a problem. I can pass the suggestion along to iNET for their consideration. But they technically own the board so we need to talk to them about any skin changes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.