I need MacBook Reboot Help!

Reaction score
How do I force my MacBook to read the OS X install Disk when I reboot?

I tried holding down "C" as I reboot, but no luck.

:'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Hmmm strange .... are you sure the disc is ok ?

If so... it should work!

Try this if you can boot up, enter system preferences, then you have something called startup disk. In there you should now see your Mac OS X CD. Select that one and select reboot. Now the computer should reboot and automatically boot from the CD. Without you having to hold down the C button.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That's one of the ways to do it. Have you tried holding the Option key down during boot up (immediately after the computer is turned on and the screen turns gray)? It should show the disc as one of the boot options, assuming the disc is indeed valid and not damaged.

OP
F
Reaction score
The disk should be fine. I have no reason to believe it is damaged. it is my official Mac OS X 10.4 install disk 1. I have disks 2 and 3 as well.

Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds I carefully clean my discs when there's an issue...with soap and warm water, very carefully. And don't dry the disc in a circular motion. A careful wipe from inside to outer edge , going (anti-or) clockwise I have had succes with my oddly behaving os 9.2 disc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.