Random Shutdown

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook using mac os x. 10.5.4
Hi All. Alarm bells started ringing when I saw a black X across my Mac Book battery symbol. A number of random shut downs followed, after boot up and during program usage, but not at any predictable times. Shut downs do not occur when mains power source connected. Reduced battery power to zero and recharged; this a number of times and now the mac recognizes the battery, and the X has gone, but shut downs still occurring, screen going blank and coming back with repeated tapping of keypad. Sleep light activates. Power % not dropping to zero. Anyone any idea of the fault or do I return to the DVDs and a drop of the Hard Stuff. Thanks in hope. Jordache.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
I had this problem once, and the problem was indeed with the battery. When i had the charger connected it worked just fine.

When i went into the Apple Store where i bought the laptop i got the battery replaced right away. You might want to try contact Apple, maybe they will send you a new battery?

OP
jordache
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook using mac os x. 10.5.4
Battery

Thanks for reply, I was hoping it was not the battery, especially as the Power % still operating. Mac Book is still under warranty so have to pay them a visit. I was not expecting a fault this early in my Mac driving experience. Just goes to show, don't take your eye off the ball!!! Jordache.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.