EOmodeler and Webobjects programming in Leopard?

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to get started with developing with WebObjects. I have Leopard 10.5.4 on the Multi-touch MacBook Pro.

A lot of tutorials on the web, use EOModeler. I have xcode installed and I the only EOModeler I can find in the installation in /Developer is in /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/EOModeler.framework/

When I run it I get this:

Last login: Sun Jul 13 20:54:55 on ttys007
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/EOModeler.framework/Versions/A/EOModeler ; exit;
irfan-mbp:~ irfan$ /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/EOModeler.framework/Versions/A/EOModeler ; exit;
-bash: /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/EOModeler.framework/Versions/A/EOModeler: cannot execute binary file
logout

[Process completed]

Also, I can't find any WebObjects builder. The only thing in /Developer/Applications which mentions WebObjects is the Webservices Assitant in the WebObjects folder.

Whats wrong?

Best Regards,
Irfan

Reaction score
Apple's WebObjects dev tools were deprecated along with the Cocoa-Java bridge on which they were based in Leopard. This does not mean that WebObjects is gone - they are actually putting quite a bit of effort into continuing to develop the runtime engine.

To develop in WebObjects, you need to download eclipse 3.3.2 (eclipse.org) (NOT 3.4),
and get WOLips (http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Home).
These tools replicate the functionality of the Apple tools.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.