Having Problems with Airport

Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased a Macbook Pro, and have been using it for about one week. For the time I have been using it, Airport has been working perfectly. But, today my Airport suddenly stop working. I have a Belkin router, but i dont know if that has anything to do with it.

Yesterday I went to my friends house, and it connected to his linkysis router, without out any problems, and ever since this morning, it has stopped connected. The thing i cant understand is that Airport detects my Wireless Network, but it doesnt connect at all. I turned off all the security, MAC address filtering, etc. and it still does not connect. I do not think there is a problem with the Airport, as it still detects the network, but i cannot connect.

Also, the only way for me to connect to the internet through the ethernet, is to disable the mac address filtering. When i turn it back on, i can not connect using ethernet. Can somebody please help me? Why does my Airport not connect, even though it detects and finds the network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 180 GB; iMac 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 160 GB; 30 GB iPod Video
sometimes i have the same problem as you. i am also using a macbook pro and airport. i find it usually works if i first unplug the airport base's power, then shut down the macbook. plug the airports power cable back in again, and turn your computer back on. this usually works for me- give it a try. hope it works out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
sometimes i have the same problem as you. i am also using a macbook pro and airport. i find it usually works if i first unplug the airport base's power, then shut down the macbook. plug the airports power cable back in again, and turn your computer back on. this usually works for me- give it a try. hope it works out.
Yes also reboot your Router;D

Reaction score
I also have been wondering if something is wrong with my airport.
I have a macbook with 10.5.5. At home I have an airport express & at work I have a bell canada wireless router.
Some times when I'm at home my computer connects to another unsecured router. When I try to connect to mine "sometimes" it asks for the password, witch already shows up. I hit connect and get a "connection time out" this will go on and on until I unplug and replug the airport express.
Also sometimes when I am connected my computer goes so slow it's stupid witch is fixed by unplugging & replugging the airport unit. I don't think it's the air port because my Iphone works perfectly while this goes on.

At work with the bell router my computer works seamlessly. But my brothers macbook pro 10.5.5 gets kicked off all the time and has to reboot his Wi Fi by shutting the airport off then on. I have never had a problem with my iPhone Wi Fi witch leads me to believe there is a software problem somewhere in 10.5.5 or my brother and I have picked up a bug somewhere.

Is anyone else having this problem or just have an idea about what might be wrong, let me know.

Thanks,
Brad

Reaction score
I have the same issues, sort of. Wireless in my house is down right useless on my macbook pro with the stupid bell modem/router set up. I dont know if its just my computer or what but sometimes my computer will never get a connection, but my iPod Touch, and sisters Macbook will, and other times the have the exact same problem as me. I get that annoying "connection time out" loop constantly, even sometimes when I'm sitting right next to the router.

I dont know if its a crappy network card in this supposed "pro" computer or just bells crappy modem (which I think it is, this is the third one we had - the first one had a great signal and much larger antennae but would constantly drop its connection to the wired internet).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.