System Preference hangs when "Keyboard & Mouse" option is clicked.

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm having a strange problem: when trying to open the "Keyboard & Mouse" options in System Preferences, the status says "Loading..." but it never actually loads. During this time, I cannot click on any other System Preference option. However, when I close System Preferences and reopen, I can click on other options which successfully open. But I still can't adjust my keyboard and mouse settings.

I'm using a Logitech VX Revolution mouse, but this problem began out of the box before I'd ever even plugged it in. Luckily, I was able to install the Logitech software so I can adjust the pointer speed, but I'm still stuck with a slow repeat rate on the keyboard.

I was able to find some other people who are having this problem on this official Apple support discussion. However, the suggested fix did not work for me since I use English has the default language.

So.. does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? I'd rather not mess with full reinstall if possible! Thank you in advance.

(MacBook Pro, OSX 10.5.4)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Reading the link the cure seems to be to set your default language to Brazilian Portuguese and then back to English. Have you tried that?

Otherwise I guess you will be waiting for Logitech to bring out Leopard drives.

OP
N
Reaction score
Reading the link the cure seems to be to set your default language to Brazilian Portuguese and then back to English. Have you tried that?

Yes, with no luck.

Otherwise I guess you will be waiting for Logitech to bring out Leopard drives.

Well, as I noted above, the problem existed before the Logitech mouse came into the picture, so I don't think that's the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.