question with another monitor

Reaction score
okay, so im about to buy my MBP
is it possible to hook up another monitor to it, so that i have my laptop + the monitor sharing the same screen?

so.. say i didnt want a window that popped up in my mac screen, but decided i needed it so i can put it on my other monitor's screen?

get it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
yes you can do this... so go ahead and buy it.. no worries

OP
the.gosine
Reaction score
how? lol, i have a monitor here, that'd use..

EDIT!!!!!
does it have to be a mac monitor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i believe is it a minidvi port on the MBP so it would use a minidvi to a vga connector

edit : sorry just looked on tha apple.com site.. and says it have a full DVI port on the MBP and (DVI to VGA adapter included)

OP
the.gosine
Reaction score
i honestly dont speak tech, so.. if i got some acer monitor, and i wanna use it with my MBP.. can i?

like how i described too?
2 monitors, 1 giant shared screen. (to the point where, i can see my mouse on my mbp but not on the acer monitor untill i move it there?)

Reaction score
i honestly dont speak tech, so.. if i got some acer monitor, and i wanna use it with my MBP.. can i?

like how i described too?
2 monitors, 1 giant shared screen. (to the point where, i can see my mouse on my mbp but not on the acer monitor untill i move it there?)

Yes it will work fine with that monitor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.