Picture on TV, DREADFUL!

D

Desolate One

Hey guys, just picked up the Apple Video Adaptor for my iBook and while it's cool to have my iBook screen visible on my tele, the picture is horrible. Is there any way possible to get a better picture from my iBook on the tele?? :bandage:

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Television resolutions are soo much smaller than computer resolutions that you will never get a very good picture

OP
D

Desolate One

Ya know I started playing a movie and the picture for that wasn't half bad. Perhaps there is that one saving grace. I mean it's the initial reason I bought the adaptor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
have you tried a lower reslution on the ibook, thats the ooutput res too you know.

OP
D

Desolate One

Well, still looked pretty fuzzy to my 20/15 (thank you modern science!). It's okay though, I bought the adaptor for movies and wotnot that I download.

Hey, is it okay to disconnect the adaptor whilst operating the notebook, or should I put her to sleep first?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think maybe put it to sleep first, though it really doesnt make much difference I dont think.

OP
D

Desolate One

Macman said:
I think maybe put it to sleep first, though it really doesnt make much difference I dont think.

That's wot I ended up doing... Just shut the lid and unplugged. Didn't get an error message or anything so it went okay!

Reaction score
My TV has a VGA input, but only supports 800x600. If you use the RCA inputs, you'll never get a good picture, really only good for slide shows and movies.

OP
D

Desolate One

And movies was the intent on the purchase, so I'm fine with it. However it would have been cool to have a 36" monitor for the iBook! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
do you have a superdrive? why not just burn movies? and if not, at least a cd burnr to burn vcds, they come out good if you do it right.

OP
D

Desolate One

Macman said:
do you have a superdrive? why not just burn movies? and if not, at least a cd burnr to burn vcds, they come out good if you do it right.

Unfortunately I don't have the Superdrive. I will most likely have to go the VCD route. However I like the idea of having those movies there for my travels. Makes the plane ride go much quicker!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Or you can buy an external DVD drive and take back the apple video thingy...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Desolate One said:
Unfortunately I don't have the Superdrive. I will most likely have to go the VCD route. However I like the idea of having those movies there for my travels. Makes the plane ride go much quicker!
let me know if you need any vcd help, im a pro, also, theres an app that lets you play vcds on mac, so if you burn vcd, you can still watchem on your mac.

OP
D

Desolate One

Macman said:
let me know if you need any vcd help, im a pro, also, theres an app that lets you play vcds on mac, so if you burn vcd, you can still watchem on your mac.

I've been able to watch VCDs using VLC. Seems to be working pretty well. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Desolate One said:
I've been able to watch VCDs using VLC. Seems to be working pretty well. :mac:
well, as I said before, vlc is a poor excuse for any kind of media player, I use macvcdx when playing a vcd on a mac. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
How about SVCD's?
You need that $25,- addon from apple right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aptmunich said:
How about SVCD's?
You need that $25,- addon from apple right?
no, in toast, under the video tab, on the left click svcd, thats it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.