• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Hooking a Macbook up to an older JVC TV

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know this question has been asked many times, but I can't seem to find an answer to what I'm looking for.

I have an old JVC television, the only inputs at the back are the classic red yellow and white inputs.

I need to hook my macbook OSX to the tv, so that I can watch movies (from youtube and VLC) on the television. What cable will I need to do this?

And also, will audio still run from my macbook (which I have plugged into a very nice soundsystem.

Thank you a lot in advance!!!!

OP
von1451
Reaction score
Thanks Noel!

I'm going to order that cable tonight!
I guess I'll just have to head to a store and grab a standard RCA cable as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
von,

After you get that adapter, take it to a Radio Shack store (I assume you have them in Canada) and make sure you get the correct cable for your TV. There are a lot of "RCA" cables out there...

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.