Music and Video Editing Question

Reaction score
I have a Alto mixer, it has a rca output on it, just standard 10 channel mixer with 2 channel having the mic inputs with power, i forgot what its called, but i dont really know how to use it i would like to know if someone has some very basic tutorials on operating mixers with mac computers, and can anyone suggest a inexpensive interface card that would also allow me to hook up some sound monitors.
Im assuming Garageband will record from this type of setup?
If so i would like to know of some good basic tutorials to get me started.

I also would like some recommendations on programs to do some video editing. what i would be doing is taking some short animations from poser and/or maya and combining them and mixing audio with it. Also, plan on making some urban terror videos and then editing them.

As you can guess, im not exactly A/V savvy, i hardly know anything about recording, or mixing or video editing. I mean i'v done a few things with windows movie maker, but nothing spectacular. I also used to play around with Acid 4.0 i think its called but this was years ago.

One more thing, can anyone recommend a inexpensive desktop drumset? i know i'v heard about a drum pad that sat on the desk and you could play it like a real drumset almost.

EDIT: Also does anyone know of a website that offers looping sounds of all kinds thats free or maybe a inexpensive dvd collection of looping sounds?

OP
S
Reaction score
I was just looking at the M-Audio Audiophile 2496, im assuming since it has rca in / out, that the mixer would connect to the rca in then the monitors to the rca out? but my question is, is how is sound quality vs just getting a rca to mic adpater and hooking it up that way?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.