New macbook hdd but lost leopard dvd

Reaction score
So i bought a new hard drive for my macbook (160gb seagate momentus) I installed the hard drive, formatted it, and thought i was installing leopard but turns out i installed tiger and can't find my leopard dvd :(

i still have the old hard drive which has leopard installed and all my apps.. i did kinda want a fresh start and this new hard drive but is there a way to transfer everything over from that hdd to this one to get leopard back?

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you. I thought thats what i would have to do but didn't know about licensing issues and such.

Also i was originally planning on using the old hdd as an external hdd in an enclosure but do u suggest i get a firewire one or usb?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
There are some enclosures that use both. If the HDD is formatted with the GUID scheme, you can use USB. If it's formatted in APM, you'd need the FireWire. (to be able to boot from it)
They're not very expensive, so I would go with a "dual". A little more flexible, especially if a port fails down the road.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.