Switch off?

Reaction score
Hi all
My G4 ibook is 4 years old and in that time I've had to replace the logic board (about 2.5 years ago) but otherwise it's been very well behaved. I am, however, anticipating the end simply because of its age...

Now, I usually switch it off about once every 3 weeks, but in a bid to curb my excessive web-surfing I've pledged to switch it off whenever I finish using it. Is this a good idea?
I booted this morning and got the panics when it seemed to take a long time to get to the blue/loading bar screen and for some reason I thought that if my ibook is ever gonna die it'll probably be in the process of booting.

I don't know where that logic comes from, but I'm not very computer-literate (in fact, I'm practically medieval).

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
Its the anticipation! My Mac pro seems to take for ever to get even the Apple logo up on the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
What are the specifications on this iBook? It's highly doubtful it'll die soon. If you let it sit for a while and start it up, yeah it'll take a while to load. My eMac does that sometimes.

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
I always switch off my macbook, because my macbook uses 30W on normal usage (Full battery) and 15W on sleep(Full battery) I find 15W much for sleep mode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
I always switch off my macbook, because my macbook uses 30W on normal usage (Full battery) and 15W on sleep(Full battery) I find 15W much for sleep mode

That's a Macbook. iBooks are completely different than a Macbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.