New owner a few questions

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Hey guys

Finally the iphone was released in Japan, we never had the good fortune to get the non-3G model. I am still suffering from not being able to use standard mobile e-mails yet but everything else seems to work very well.

I just have a few questions, itunes searched to see if any of my songs were useable as ringtones but it didn't actually tell me if there were any or not. How do I find out?

How can I change the background (not the wall paper) I have seen people with ones that have got jpgs behind the buttons instead of just black. Is that something to do with jailbreak?

What apps do you recommend? I am thinking about the piano one. I can't use the web until August 11th until my plan changes kick in. Until then it is an ipod touch that can make calls then in August it will be an iphone that I can use properly. I only want apps that don't use the net for now!

Reaction score
Congrats on the iPhone, I'm in Japan too!

First off, in your itunes preferences check off the ringtones box so it'll display that menu. I don't think any songs can be used as ringtones, only the ones you buy specifically for that? I could be wrong. If you have garageband just load up your mp3s and the newest garageband update allows a 'send to itunes as a ringtone' option in the 'share' tab. more at this link:
http://www.tuaw.com/2008/07/08/tuaw-tip-make-iphone-ringtones-with-garageband/

I think the wall paper has to do with jailbroken phones? could be worng

Non-net apps: the alarm app is good, phonesaber is near but novelty runs out fast, iPint is pretty neat to show off to your mates. Most of the apps I use require the web, once you get your plan changed definitely get shazam, midomi and twitterific.

hope this helps

OP
B&O

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Thanks, I have to reinstall garage band. Has anyone installed the music app, I forgot its name. The one where you can play piano.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.