Missing photos/library when switching library on iphoto 5.0.4

Reaction score
HI,

Sometime after upgrading to OSX 10.5 I noticed that iPhoto had built a new library and only my most recent photos were in it.

Tonight;

1. I launched iPhoto, saw the last couple of months photos (only) in the library, I then imported the most recent photos from my camera successfully (without deleting them from the camera). I then quit iPhoto.

2. I restarted iPhoto, but this time I kept Option key down, and selected the old library, on an external hard drive. All my photos, except the most recent, were there (>10,000).

3. Now I wanted to "Add to Library" the most recent photos from the library in step 1 -> to the library in step 2. I am absolutely unable to find the library for the photos from step one.

I do not know what directory the library in step 1 was, I assumed the OSX 10.5 install had somehow put in back in the normal (for iPhoto) place on the laptop instead of in the external hard disk.

I have searched for everything I can think of including; "library." "Today" "Past Week" "all images", on both the laptop and the external hard drive.

I think i am hosed, but would like to know if anyone can make any suggestions that might help me recover the lost photos? Or even explain what may have gone wrong?

Thanks,
Bruce.

OS X 1.5.2
1.67 GHz PowerPC G4 laptop
2GB DDR

iPhoto 5.0.4 (263)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
hold down your mouse key on iphoto library in the external HD, and scroll down to originals, open folder

OP
M
Reaction score
Podraig,

Thanks for the reply, but I don't really understand what you want me to do.

Holding down the mouse key selects the library, nothing more as far as I can tell.

I can't see any originals directory.

Can you please be a bit more specific with your instructions for me?

Thanks
Bruce.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.