• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Keeping our .mac name/etc

Reaction score
Just read on the instruction site that we will be able to keep our .mac name/address as long as we continue to renew. If we let it go and then come back we will be switched over to .me and our name will be given to us if it has not been assigned. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I thought current .mac users could chose to stay @mac.com or switch to @me.com? I'm sure it said that on the Mobile Me page on the Apple site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
no, both email addresses will deliver to your email, you can now use either with your current username

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
So, if i want a mac.com address i cant get one? i get me.com? thanks for clarifying :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
now you get .me.com

existing customers get to keep their existing address (really just an alias)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.