Printing on OS9 on a Windows Network??

P

petergriffon

My question is, how do I print from a G4 w/ OS9.x while connected to a windows xp network?? Here's my setup.

1 port Linksys Router
8 Port Linksys Switch
Wireless G Access Point
Wireless G Print Server (connected to a Lexmark Printer)

2 Windows XP pc connected to the switch
1 VoiP router connected to the switch.
Wireless G Access Point connected to the switch
Mac G4 w/ OS9.x connected to the switch via ethernet.

The mac gets online with no problem but we cannot figure out how to make it print. I tried specifying the IP of the print server but it will not find anything. My wife is a MAC user and has been trying for about a month to get this working with no luck. Can anyone help us out with this problem.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
is the printer setup in the printer setup utility? it should be classified as a lexmark inkjet network printer. the printer also has to be correctly setup for network printing on the pc.
can you print from the pc?

OP
P

petergriffon

Macman said:
is the printer setup in the printer setup utility? it should be classified as a lexmark inkjet network printer. the printer also has to be correctly setup for network printing on the pc.
can you print from the pc?

The first part of that I can't answer. I'm not sure what a printer setup utility is, i'm assuming your talking about the mac. And yes, both pc's print and my wireless laptop also prints fine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
on the mac, go into utilities inside applications, open printer setup utility, click add, itll search for a connected printer, or you may have to manually select like lexmark inkjet network or windows printing from the pop up, not sure, try them both, then add it as the default printer, that should be it, in the print dialog box of an app, select that printer and it should just work that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.