Basically,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I've spent the past 6 hours doing my homework and researching this matter but I want to be sure what I'm going to do is the most efficient and correct way of going about doing it....

In order to read/write on my two new WG 2TB drives using both Windows and Mac OS, I will need to installl NTFS for Mac, right?

I plan on copying my store bought DVD collection to these two 2TB drives for viewing on my Mac (and possibly later conversion for use in Apple TV) and also in order to connect to my PC to view the movies on my home HDTV using my XBox360.

Thanks dudes.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've spent the past 6 hours doing my homework and researching this matter but I want to be sure what I'm going to do is the most efficient and correct way of going about doing it....

In order to read/write on my two new WG 2TB drives using both Windows and Mac OS, I will need to installl NTFS for Mac, right?

Or you can format them in FAT32, but you'll be limited to a maximum single file size of 4GB. Your best option, IMO would be to pick up a copy of Paragon NTFS for Mac.

I plan on copying my store bought DVD collection to these two 2TB drives for viewing on my Mac (and possibly later conversion for use in Apple TV) and also in order to connect to my PC to view the movies on my home HDTV using my XBox360.

Thanks dudes.

Just keep in mind that we don't allow discussion of illegal activity on this forum, and since the DMCA disallows breaking encryption, this topic is not open for discussion here.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Or you can format them in FAT32, but you'll be limited to a maximum single file size of 4GB. Your best option, IMO would be to pick up a copy of Paragon NTFS for Mac.

Just keep in mind that we don't allow discussion of illegal activity on this forum, and since the DMCA disallows breaking encryption, this topic is not open for discussion here.

Thank you sir. Got it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.