Changing the default video players...

L

ldj

Hi, Im a fairly new user to mac and i cant figure out how to change the default players for video. For example ALL the .avi files i want opened with VLC and ALL the .wmv files opened with Windows Media player, and all the other .mpg's i want opened with Quicktime. How can i change these preferences? Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
ldj said:
Hi, Im a fairly new user to mac and i cant figure out how to change the default players for video. For example ALL the .avi files i want opened with VLC and ALL the .wmv files opened with Windows Media player, and all the other .mpg's i want opened with Quicktime. How can i change these preferences? Thank you.
select a .wmv or whatever, hit command(apple button)+I, in the get info window, go to the open with tab, select what you want, hit change all, now all that file format will open in the selected app, set it different for each format if you want.

Picture 1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.