Iphone 3g Signal Strength

Reaction score
I just bought the new Iphone 3g. This is my first iphone. My main concern is the signal strength in relation to the signal bars in the top left hand corner.

My phone is mostly showing no bars and to 2 at all (sometimes up to 4) but when I call people the phone works. When people call me the phone seems to work.

I was wondering if a call did not go through would it be seen in the missed call sections.

Also I can call my home land line number and it picks up but when I try to call my cell phone from my land line it says that the number could not be reached and try again.

I was wondering if anyone else has the same problems or are as concerened as I am about the phone.

I do live in a a large city that has 3g capabilities.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
While in the Apple store yesterday getting my Touch, I asked one of the workers about the antenna location in the 3G, and he told me it was deeper in the phone. I'm not sure what he was talking about, and even if he is right, I wouldn't know if that has a role in it.

Just throwing that out there to chew on. :p

OP
S
Reaction score
I turned off my 3g and my signal bars are all 5. I wonder if att has not fixed the problem of the signal bar/ signal weak or straightness to the 3g capabilities.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Also, some of the 3Gs in the store had 1 or 2 bars, and I switched airplane mode on then off and it came back with 5 bars.

I find myself doing that with my sidekick sometimes :\

Reaction score
I assumed it was 3g strength. Sometimes I see 1 bar and it says 3g then my phone switches to EDGE and i get full bars. p.s- what does it mean when t here is neither 3G nor EDGE next to your signal strength but a little dot instead?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
I am hoping someone here can help. The only push I am not getting is contacts. Everything else seems to work OK. Any clues?

Reaction score
anyone remember that number u can dial from att to recalibrate signal strength in relation to the cell towers? I know there is something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.