iPhone Home Screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Not sure if this will work too well yet - but as Apple have now given us the ability to capture our iPhone screens - why not post yours here?

Feel free to point out any icons/apps that you think might need a little explanation :)

Oh By the way - if you haven't seen/heard how to capture your screen you hold the Home button and then press the Sleep/Wake button. Your screen flashes and that's it; the image is saved in your Camera Roll.

OP
RNDdave
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Here's mine:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Home Screen 2 includes links to my carrier, a payments company and my Sky Router amongst other things.

Home Screen 3 lots of news, Hotmail and of course Mac-Forums.

IMG_0001.PNG

IMG_0002.PNG

IMG_0003.PNG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro & iPhone 3G
This is probably old hat for some of you, but since I just got my iPhone, I'm still learning... how do you make a website into an icon that you can automatically go to (such as your Mac Forums icon)?

Reaction score
Just visit a website, touch on the PLUS sign and then on "add to homescreen", that's it.

Guys, how do you make a screen image?? I read "now that Apple has given us the ability to capture the homescreen", I didn't know this, how does it work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro & iPhone 3G
Check the bottom of the first post ;) Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro & iPhone 3G
Follow-up question: Is there a way to use an icon instead of screen shot for a website on your home screen? I.E. the mac-forums icon shows up on your screen shot above, but when I do that to a website, it just shows a little thumbnail screen shot of the website itself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Follow-up question: Is there a way to use an icon instead of screen shot for a website on your home screen? I.E. the mac-forums icon shows up on your screen shot above, but when I do that to a website, it just shows a little thumbnail screen shot of the website itself.
I think it depends on the website. Some websites provide an icon while others do not and it will simply use the screenshot of the webpage as the icon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD
If you are trying this on your iPod Touch for the first time, you won't see the screenshot until you restart the photo app (hold down HOME for at least 5 seconds). At least that was true in my case.

Reaction score
Hi ...

I see the icon Webapps in your screen.

Just wanted to ask what is the difference between the Apps you find in the Appstore (via iTunes) and the ones in the Apple's Webapps page?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Hi ...

I see the icon Webapps in your screen.

Just wanted to ask what is the difference between the Apps you find in the Appstore (via iTunes) and the ones in the Apple's Webapps page?
Webapps run directly off a webserver, so all you're really storing on your phone is a hyperlink to a website. Appstore apps are installed on and run right on the phone, though most still use the internet link for various functions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Those darn apps are gonna have me addin' new pages daily!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Reaction score
Question... will this capture thing only work with an iPhone or will it also work with a Touch ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD
Works with the touch, but you gotta restart the Photo app (hold down home button for ~10 seconds whilst in photo app) after you've taken the capture for the first time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Pretty cool trick!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
Works with the touch, but you gotta restart the Photo app (hold down home button for ~10 seconds whilst in photo app) after you've taken the capture for the first time.

I did not have to restart my Touch at all. I just held down the HOME button that pushed the SLEEP/WAKE button and let go and it took the capture and showed up in photos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
That darn back up every time you add apps is annoying as ****. It takes too long!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.