iPhone 3G- BEST CASE

Reaction score
Hi all;

With the arrival of the new iPhone, many companies have already released cases and skins for the new device.

- Are you planning to get a case? Why or why not?
- If not, do you just carry it in your pocket?
- Which one is your favorite or planning to buy and why?
- Do you carry it 'naked' in your pocket? What about scratches?

What do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
I have a history of not encasing my phones. However, it seems prudent to do so with this new gadget. I would like to get the leather belt thing, but am concerned of having it slip off. I've lost three phones in the ocean while sailing with the belt clip designs. I'll be interested to see what the group comes up with. Also, I have seen that everything out there is quite expensive, so I don't want to do a lot of experimenting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's the Invisible shield for me.... had one on my ipod touch for the past 8 mths and it's come to no harm so far :)

I've got one on the way already for my iphone

Reaction score
I have been looking at this one which I heard about from a different site while reading on the new iPhone....

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-88/iPhone-3G-Skin/Detail

It seems to fit extremely snug. I do not own a regular iPhone or 3G yet but I am fixing to do the 3G purchase after another week or two for the dust to settle a bit.

If anyone has more ideas I'd love to see them. I would really like a black 3G iPhone but I am truly concerned about the fingerprints and such. These, while having an appealing price, are still an investment and should be treated good. At least I think so.

Reaction score
I wasnt planning on getting a case until earlier today when i took my ipod classic out of my pocket and found a huge gash in the screen (i put my lighter back in the wrong pocket). I couldnt bear seeing that happen to my iphone, so i will definantly be getting a case when mine arrives late next week.

Dylan

Reaction score
hmm whats better between that invisible shield and the bestskinever version which is much cheaper?

invisible shield looks like itll take 2 weeks to even ship if u didnt preorder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
IMO, if you want a complete case and not just stick on stuff, the Griffin Nu Form Case. Its thin so it doesn't make the iphone much more bulky, and it protects the screen and the whole iPhone with polycarb casing. The bottom slides off to allow docking which is awesome. http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/nuform

I just ordered one, the cheapest price is from griffins website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
IMO, if you want a complete case and not just stick on stuff, the Griffin Nu Form Case. Its thin so it doesn't make the iphone much more bulky, and it protects the screen and the whole iPhone with polycarb casing. The bottom slides off to allow docking which is awesome. http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/nuform

I just ordered one, the cheapest price is from griffins website.
Thanks for the info. I generally find most cases ugly, but this looks pretty nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.